Saturday, March 19, 2011

3.16 - Chinese Meeting?

3.16 - Chinese

I guess it wasn't fried chicken at least. Chinese food for a meeting is a new twist. Luckily for me, I didn't realize there were Chinese leftovers as a possibility. When I got involved, there was only box after box of white rice left... with some gravy smears. Yeah, I had no problem passing up cold rice.

If my spidey senses had been a little more on the ball, I might have had to face a real test and had a crack at the leftovers before they had been totally decimated. Among all the other items that sit on my It Takes an Iron Will to Resist list, Chinese food is right up there near the top with French fries and ice cream.

My wife and I went to China to see the Olympics in 2008 and one of the highlights for me was going to a restaurant in Beijing to get some real Chinese food. The wait staff didn't speak English and we were the only westerners in the place. It was truly the best Chinese food I've ever eaten, and they kept bringing out more.

So yeah, I have a soft spot for Chinese food, even though what we call Chinese food is a pale glimmer of the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment