Saturday, March 19, 2011

3.18 - Ugh

3.18 - Rhubarb Pie

I may have to check back over my history of posts, but I think this may be the most unappetizing thing I've seen yet, aside from the potato salad (and just thinking about it for the few seconds it's taken for me to type this was enough to make me get queasy).

Rhubarb pie. Looks like a squid pot pie and is almost as vomit-inducing as a squid pot pie would surely be.

How can anyone look at that and say, "Damn. I got to have me a big ass slice of that tasty rhubarb." What the hell is a rhubarb anyway? Someone said it's a relative of celery. WTF? Do people make celery pie? No, that would be disgusting.

1 comment:

  1. This pie was pretty good. Not the best Rhubarb pie I've had. A bit too tart. But that just means it had less sugar than usual. I'm not sure why anyone first put it in a pie but the tartness is most likely the reason. It's like lemon or lime. Usually it's combined with strawberries to add sweetness.
    And rhubarb has a a lot of fiber and many purported health benefits.

    ReplyDelete